Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

American Goldfinch

       During my presentation I've not only learned about my bird but I also learned how I can improve the way I present.  I need to present my voice by talking a little more louder and clearer.  Also, I need to watch my hand gestures so that I don't mistakenly distract anyone during the presentation.  My Presentation was on the American Goldfinch.  This little finch is the state bird of New Jersey, Iowa, and Washington, commonly at feeders, where it takes sunflower and Nyjer seeds.  Spring males are bright yellow and shiny black with a bit of white.  Females and all winter birds are more dull.  The Goldfinch's main natural habitats are weedy fields and floodplains, where plants like thistles and asters are common.  They can also be found in cultivated areas, roadsides, orchards, and backyards.  American Goldfinches can be found at feeders any time of year, but mostly during winter.
Image result for american goldfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment